Nowadays, people spend too much time on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp and many more. This ultimately effects our work, studies and can even led to many health problems too. There are so many things that we can learn from social media but we use it too much which make it harmful. Here are some of the health problems due to overuse of social media
Health problems due to overuse of social media
Staring on screens for a longer time may lead to eye strains as well as other eye problems. So limit your time on social media to prevent your eyes from straining and wear computer glasses while you are on social media
Lack of Sleep
Spending too much time on social media has become a habit of the young generation. They use social media up to late hours at night. This causes lack of sleep and fatigue. Sleep deprivation can led to various chronic diseases like obesity, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, depression etc.
Lack of Exercise
Overuse of social media takes up our valuable time. The time that we used to spend earlier on exercise or visiting outdoors, is now spent on social media. This causes lack of exercise and physical activity which ultimately led to various health problems like excessive weight gain, heart disease, some kinds of cancer, type 2 diabetes, obesity and many more
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
If you spend too much time on keying, problems in your hand or wrists may occur. The tendons of your fingers may strain due to too much keying on mobile phones or computer keyboard. Not only social media, but also due to texting, writing this problem can occur.
How to stay healthy on social media?
- Keep scheduled times for social media and don’t use social media all the day. Avoid using it during your work, studies or offline relationships
- If you cannot limit your social media, try to use some productive apps. If you are already addicted to social media, you need to take professional help
- While you are driving, avoid using social media because it can led to serious accidents
- Don’t spend your time in arguing with people on social media. This will give you nothing but time wastage and stress
- Don’t consume any medical based on health research on social media. Always consult an expert doctor before talking any medications
Conclusion: These are some of the health problems of using social media. Using social media has many advantages too. But overuse can led to various health problems. So try to limit your time on social media.